Okay, I know this can be a touchy subject, but let's also acknowledge that it's an important one and start a conversation. I've been doing my "Aspiring AP" homework, but that has led to more questions and bewilderment (not to mention disillusionment) than answers, clarity, and hope. I'll start with this: How many of you might be interested in eventually earning a doctorate degree? Well, I just found out that my system (and many others) have decided to no longer pay administrators at the T7 level. So from here on out, even if I earn an EdD in Leadership, I'd only get paid for my EdS (T6) degree...as an AP, I would also get a $3,000 annual supplement. Now as a teacher, I can earn an EdD (let's say in C&I) and get paid at a T7 level, but then if I move into an AP position, I would revert back to the T6 plus 3K. Does anyone else see a problem with that? If not, let's consider how many extra days (not to mention extra hours on both ends of the reg...
Comments
Post a Comment