Okay, I know this can be a touchy subject, but let's also acknowledge that it's an important one and start a conversation. I've been doing my "Aspiring AP" homework, but that has led to more questions and bewilderment (not to mention disillusionment) than answers, clarity, and hope. I'll start with this: How many of you might be interested in eventually earning a doctorate degree? Well, I just found out that my system (and many others) have decided to no longer pay administrators at the T7 level. So from here on out, even if I earn an EdD in Leadership, I'd only get paid for my EdS (T6) degree...as an AP, I would also get a $3,000 annual supplement. Now as a teacher, I can earn an EdD (let's say in C&I) and get paid at a T7 level, but then if I move into an AP position, I would revert back to the T6 plus 3K. Does anyone else see a problem with that? If not, let's consider how many extra days (not to mention extra hours on both ends of the reg...
"Friendly" reminders were emailed out reminding staff that break is not here yet and we were still expected to act accordingly with student discipline. Because of the upcoming much needed break, there has been quite a few dress code violations. Our principal made it crystal clear if dress code violations continue to be an issue, conversations were going to take place not only with the students but with the adults as well. Also, at our school we hold "activities" the day before any major break. For example we will have our pep rally for Spring sports on Thursday as well as a war ball tournament (Think of the Dodge Ball movie).
ReplyDelete